Friday, August 1, 2008

Some Good, Some Bad, and Some Just Plain Awful

Ok so the slider thing...yeah that blows. So we move on and see what else shakes out.

I lost my first game tonight. A 3rd time against Pitt. 17-14. This was NOT using the Madden IQ thing -- I will never lose a damn game if I used that setting. So I went in and made my own (human) sliders.

The QB accuracy is just amazing in this game -- now I admit I rarely play defense in he secondary. I am abysmal at it. I either play a Dlineman or I am blitzing.

Rothlis-whatever went 23/26 for 220 yards 1 TD and 1 INT. That's 2 incompletions and one of those should have been picked. I was helpless. This is WITH the "Reaction" setting at 100. He was throwing frozen ropes all game.

I have Human QB Acc around 35 right now, and Anderson was like 13/21 for 200 yards.

I need to get off 7 min quarters. I am not running nearly enough plays. I'd like an accelerated clock...but hey...

Here is where it gets really, really bad.

17-14 Pitt lead, 4th quarter, 1:50 to go and I am driving. Winslow catches a pass at the 10 -- and fumbles! ACK! Pitt recovers and I am in serious jeopardy of losing to the AI.

Pitt takes the field. Off tackle to Parker.

Time out Cle.

1:40 to go.

2nd down, Rothlis-whatever passes! First down! Now, I think that's a really bad call but I CAN see a coach going for the jugular there...maybe. Prolly not. But still...it was a game clincher.

Time out Cle. 1:28 to go.

Off tackle Parker. Time out Cle. 1:21 to go.

So we're out of time outs and Ben takes a knee. 3rd down with under a minute left and Pitt lets the clock run down and he DROPS BACK TO PASS! He throws a ten yard out that is picked off by Sean Jones.

It's here where I sorta cried inside.

I failed to score, obviously. I lost 17-14 -- but are you kidding me? Take a knee to win the game and you're PASSING? Yeow.

There are times that even with the lack of CPU settings that I am having a lot of fun with this game, but that sort of late game AI is just embarrassing.