Thursday, August 28, 2008

Where's My Muse?

So there's been an obvious lack of posting from me of late. I wish I could say there's been a good reason for that. There's not. Yeah, work's been unbelievably busy, home life's been nutty, whine, whine, whine. The pathetic reality of things is that I just flat haven't been doing any of the things that I usually do to spark my inner muse (or my inner bitchy Lewis Black wannabe persona, depending on how you see my particular brand of ranting).

I haven't been to any movies. Haven't been watching a lot of TV or reading any books (aside from my day job stuff). And GenCon aside I haven't touched a game in about three weeks. So all that's as big a part of it as anything. This is also probably as long as I've gone without gaming since my kids were born. Fallout 3 will change that in a month or so. In the meantime, I guess I'm gonna have to find something to fill the void. (Not sure if I can justify paying out the extra scratch for Spore or not.) I've had Jade Empire (PC) sitting on my desk for a month or so now. Maybe I'll give that a shot if I have some time to kill. You can't go wrong with a Bioware game, right?

I was thinking about writing up a bunch of stuff about the Dem's convention, but I've missed a lot of the big speeches so far (Hillary Clinton, Biden, Schweitzer) and I guess I just don't see the point in agitating readers who lean more conservative than I do. I will say, though, that I was monumentally impressed with Michelle Obama on Monday night. I'd like to think the speech would take her off the table as an object for criticism and derision, but that's probably too much to hope for in this political climate.

Anyway, it's gonna be another crazy week next week, but after that I hope things start to calm down a bit so that I can get back to a more regular posting schedule. Besides, at some point somebody's gonna say or do something to monumentally piss me off and spark that inner muse.  ;)