My HC time has been nil of late with other work stuff but this is great news.
From designer Josh Looman:
I got the Ok to officially say that we are doing a patch. I've wanted to say that for a week, but we had to make sure of a few things first.
Here's an update on our progress with the patch:
- We have fixed the Play Creator/Injury Bug.
- We have added the ability to call plays during the 2 minute drill. You guys better thank Bekins for this. Normally, this would have been a feature that would have taken forever to get in, but the kid killed himself to put it in there to help everyone out.
- We have added Favre's stats back in the game.
- We fixed a bug you guys didn't know about that allows me to change team philosophies in the roster update. Woo-Hoo! This lets me get the teams where I think they should be and correct some ratings issues that way.
- We fixed the contract bug (where scrub players would ask for a ton of money when re-signing).
- We fixed the Draft Day trading bug (where you could force every team to trade their pick by asking them to trade and then backing out)
- We fixed the ability to change a QB to WR and change him back to QB again.
- We fixed the bug where teams would not kick a FG at the end of the half.
- We are investigating a fix to make fumbles better. Staymates found out that a fatigued player would be getting larger penalties than expected to their attributes, including their carry rating. We are greatly reducing this so that fumbles should happen less. This is going to need some more testing since a lot of different factors influence fumble chances.
- We are also investigating a fix for CPU teams subbing out fatigued players quicker in-game so that backups get some carries. Our thresholds for subbing a guy out were too low, so we are raising those. This also needs mucho testing.
- We are fixing any crashes we can reproduce including the issues found on PS3. I don't have a date for when this will be delivered to you (we are working very quickly). Once we are done with it, it typically takes a couple of weeks to get through everybody else before it makes it's way to you.As I've said before, I'm sorry for these bugs. As you can see, we are making it right.
This really made my day. Awesome, awesome news.