Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Water Water Everywhere

Well, my basement flooded Sunday night. Our sump pump died and we have been under constant rain for the past week and 1+1=damn it.

SO I have spent the past 3 days cleaning and moving stuff out of the basement. And my Wii power cord got um, soaked. So I had to buy another one. Woo hoo. $30. Still it could have been worse. I could live in Des Moines. So I try to see the bright side -- we lost storage boxes, a Wii power pack, and the basement smells like ...well not very good. Plus the carpet that was down there is just drenched and Ashley's stockpile of toys now need a bath, but it's mostly just work and we didn't lose all that much.

The boardgames are safe baby! Whew.

The worst part was that the water softener transformer (the plug) got wet and when I plugged it back in I got shocked to the point of seeing stars. My wife laughed, then realized I was sorta in La La Land and then proceeded to freak out. Getting zapped like that -- not recommended.

In the meantime I have been playing Ticket to Ride on XBL -- the game that makes everyone color blind! Seriously ...red and orange look identical in this game. Why do that? Yes, I know the BG has those colors but people...make them EASY TO SEE. I cannot believe someone created this game and didn't think , "Hey, ya know, maybe we oughta change the color palette."

In other game news my Political Machine review is up.

In GameShark news we're starting a massive redesign of the website to get it out of 1998. Full Web 2.0 and video stuff -- I'm actually sitting in on a demo of the video tech today. Todd might be there. I hope he can make it.

Finally, I had a physical exam today. First one in a decade. Apparently I am the picture of health. I didn't tell him about the Smack addiction. Some things are just private, ya know?