Sunday, March 2, 2008

Heroes and Mare

First off, I know I mentioned it the other day but Mare Nostrum (with the Mythology add on) is a superb game. The ONLY thing about it that is problematic is that it's best with 6 players. Each nation must be on the map but if you play with fewer than 6 then the other nation(s) are neutral and don't actively move; they just hold their initial set up and lands. That's not all bad and it's still very cool with 3, 4, or 5 players but if you have a group of 6 players, this MUST be added to your collection. War, diplomacy, trade, god summoning, ancient heroes...and it has the Kraken!

The Kraken! Come on! (Pic taken from BGG)

OK, Heroes.

I finally got around to watching the Season 1 DVD and getting caught up with Season 2 online.

I like it. I think Season 2 is by far the weaker of the two but I do like the show quite a bit, season 2 just got a little too goofy even for me.

Still, as much as it is good popcorn entertainment I still get a little annoyed when writers don't close loopholes and the Heroes storyline has more plot holes than a Dean Koontz novel.

Anyway, I'm off to play basketball. Something Ohio State is having a very hard time doing this year...