Wednesday, March 5, 2008

2K Quickie

Before I get to work this morning, I figured I'd throw this out before I forget.

On default settings the CPU will throw almost nothing but strikes. It's maddening. However, by drastically lowering the "throw strikes" sliders you can fix this. I walked three times in my stutter-filled game last night.

Along these same lines, I strongly suggest removing the strikezone box while pitching (keep it when hitting). Otherwise throwing strikes is too easy -- you should also raise the Total Control Pitching slider so that you won't always hit the catcher's mark. I *should* have walked three batters with Bronson last night but the CPU was up there hacking because I messed that slider up. ;) So this can work -- you just need to fiddle. Why out of the box 2K thinks baseball fans want nothing but strikes, I have no idea.

Finally, the manual is wrong about Swing Stick 2.0. There are no contact and defensive swings -- that's last year's model. It's all the same swing this year -- pull back, push forward. The manual lies. Damn lies.

OK -- more from me on all of this later this afternoon.

I do have a job, ya know. All you people do is TAKE TAKE TAKE!

I know we have some readers from the old blog, Op Sports and The Perfect Game (Yeah, I check the referrals)

Welcome to the blog.