Saturday, March 8, 2008

Baseball on the Wii

Just a quick note today before I get back to shovelling snow.

MLB 2K8, I think, is best on the Wii due to the slick motion controls. It's lacking features, like online play and those silly ass trading cards, but the GAME is fun. Swigning for the fences with Adam Dunn ad almost throwing your back out-- aces! Still some slight framerate issues oddly enough but nowhere near as bad as the PS3 or 360 versions. I like it.

However, the game I am totally in love with is a game that came out last year before we had a Wii -- MLB Power Pros. Any baseball game that is moderately realistic and that I can play a full 9 in 22 minutes -- sign me up! Seriously, this game is brilliant. As for the "kiddie" graphics? I LOVE them. No baseball game -- even going back to High Heat, has better scale, and has a better overall ball speed to player speed ratio than Power Pros. It's uncanny.

Scoring from 2nd on a single? Done.

A line drive over the bag at 1st? Stand up double.

It takes me back to the OLD baseball days of the late 80s but with tons of style. It's not SUPER realistic (it's too easy to control pitches) but man..is it fun.

100% green light.