Friday, March 27, 2009

The Best Paragraph I’ve Read All Week

Yes, I know, I haven’t been blogging much. Life (watching TV), living (eating snack foods) and work (genuinely busy there) have been getting in the way. I’d promise to make up for it, but I think we all know that’s not true, so let’s move on to the subject of this post.

This week I’ve read a couple hundred pages of a “Geek’s Guide” to Google Chrome. Just about the entirety of Easy iLife ‘09. Y: The Last Man Book 4. Countless articles from blogs and other news sites via Google Reader. Even a chapter of Perdido Street Station, an astonishingly well written book that I am somehow unable to read consistently enough to actually finish (going on about three months now). And yet the best paragraph I’ve read this week comes from Chris’s Invincible Super-Blog (which is dedicated to comic books). Chris writes the following sarcastic praise for the comic Tarot: Witch of the Black Rose #55 (a comic I have never heard of) and the fact that it recently won multiple Project Fanboy awards:

Or if not the plot, then certainly the dialogue. Here’s a sample: ‘”I can sense the wisdom and grace from a mother witch as she caresses her secret lover disguised as a cat.” For the grammarians among you, it’s the secret lover that’s disguised as a cat, not the mother witch, although really, at this point does it matter? I think not, as Tarot has been recognized by you, the Internet users, as THE CURRENT PINNACLE OF THE COMIC BOOK ART FORM. SERIOUSLY. THERE WAS A VOTE. AND IT WON.

The awards it won: Best Title and Best Indy Title. Chris Laments that it somehow missed out on the Most Haunted Vagina award, which should tell you all you need to know. I thought about posting a picture from Chris’s blog of said comic’s cover to illustrate just how ludicrous and shameful this notion is, but it’s just too embarrassing (to fans of comics) for me to insert it here. You’ll have to follow the link.