Thursday, October 2, 2008

In Honor of Tonight's Debate

As someone who hasn't been a regular watcher of SNL since the days of Farley, Carvey, Hartman, Meyers, etc. and as someone who's never watched 30 Rock, I suddenly feel like I've missed out. That Tina Fey girl? Yeah, she's good.





Also in an effort to bone up on foreign policy, I went to see a film called The Bush Doctrine... It was not about politics.

...

Forgive me, Mrs. Palin, but it seems to me that when cornered you become increasingly adorable. Is that fair to say?

I don't know. Is it? Pew! Pew! Pew!

Awesome. :)

As for the actual debate. You know, in a fair and just world, Biden would eviscerate this cheap hack of a VP candidate, but you just know that won't happen. The format -what do they have? 10 milliseconds for each answer?- isn't going to be conducive for it and I'm sure his handlers are all telling him not to be mean. Screw that. 1) This is the pro league. Show up to play or hit the showers. 2) Biden's going to be accused of being a prick no matter what he does. An episode of The West Wing summed it up best, "It's a gift that they're irreversibly convinced that he's arrogant 'cause now he can be. If your guy's seen that way, you might as well knock some bodies down with it."