Friday, February 8, 2008

Items of Note

In bullet point mode!
  • Sins of a Solar Empire is so wonderfully awesome I can't describe it. It's SO much better than the beta I played. That's all I can say. Just great. Huge space fleet battles in a slow pace ala Kohan with solid AI. Giddy up.
  • The house still has a tinge of skunk smell.
  • I'm also still having fun with Culdcept Saga on the 360. Some tedium there, but it's got an addictive quality to it. It just takes too long to play.
  • I'm playing Todd and a mutual buddy (Billy Baroo) in Catan tonight on the 360. Todd -- 10PM be there or be fired.
  • I usually don't plug GameShark too often here but if you missed Brandon's Mass Effect Log column -- it's hilarious. Spoilers abound, so be wary.
  • A new feature I am working on is about games "Jumping the Shark". When did it happen for a particular franchise? Did you know that the phrase came from Happy Days? I had absolutely no clue.
  • Boardgame(s) of the moment are 1960: Making of the Pres and a new one (new for me anyway) that showed up last night called Mare Nostrum as well as the Mythology Expansion. This was based solely on the ramblings of our boardgame columnist Michael Barnes, so we'll see if I have to fire him now, too.