Friday, February 1, 2008

Dogs and Cats Living Together

Mass Hysteria!

This concludes Ghostbusters quote week, btw. OK one more.

You're right. No human being would stack books like this.

The end is indeed here and Gozer the Destructor must be dusting off her Pat Benetar leg warmers because I finally played College Hoops 2K8 with the patch. Honestly, this is a big deal. If companies start allowing developers to tighten up games post release on the Xbox 360...this could radically alter the way sports games are looked at -- at least by me, anyway. This has been my #1 issue with console sports games: the lack of custimer support post release. With the short dev cycles it's impossible to make these games complete. Unless they patch them.

We're going to ignore the fact that CH2K9 has been cancelled due to "licensing issues." But CH2K8 is now a MUCH better game -- from player development to the gameplay itself. CPU reach in fouls? CPU steals? Sub logic that makes sense? Yeow! Now we're talkin!

I haven't touched College Hoops since Christmas but after playing five games post patch I can see myself playing this for a while and with the fact that there won't be a college basketball game next year on the 360 (March Madness doesn't count, sorry) I may finally be able to play a real Legacy and not worry about the next version making my old one moot. Hooray!

Oh, and in other news, my new Dell XPS just arrived.

Speed Rocky Speed!

Ohh Rocky quote week. That would be a good one, too.