Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Words of Encouragement for Our President-Elect

First, great speeches last night from both Obama and McCain. I think if McCain had been as eloquent throughout the campaign as he was last night there's a chance he's the president elect today. Who knows?

Next, I can't believe Obama pulled out Indiana. I've hoped for awhile now that he could, but never really could make myself believe he would.

At any rate, for Obama the trials can now really begin. I've been watching the man since his 2004 convention speech, so I have a pretty healthy interest in what kind of president he turns out to be. I am cautious, but hopeful.

Mr. President-Elect I have only one piece of advice for you, sir. Know that when I say this, I say it from the heart. I say it as one who believes you have it in you to do great things on behalf of this country. It is with great admiration that I say:

Don't screw up.