Monday, November 24, 2008

34 And Still a C Student

This morning, while perusing my blogroll I came across a link to this civics quiz, which I then proceeded to take.

I got a 75%.

Ever the f#$%ing C-student. I am comforted to know, however, that most of the questions I got wrong I had the correct answer as part of my final two. Yay for mediocrity!

I guess I shouldn't feel too bad about myself. According to the text leading into the quiz, average citizens (2,508 in all) scored just 49% on the test and college educators 55%. Even more damning, according my source link, elected officials were also given the test and scored just 44%. Seriously, WTF?

Edit: Here's the source story at Yahoo News.

11 comments:

Cody said...

I was a history major...88.5

Brandon said...

I scored a 69.5, but the stuff I failed was history stuff not "how does our government work" stuff. Still, it's disappointing that I'm so dumb. Not that it's news or anything, my rampant stupidity.

bill abner said...

75% for me too. I was rockin' until they started the guns and butter section, then my eyes glazed over.

Steve Davey said...

Nailed it! 85%

Not to burst your bubble but the site said the average score for November was 78.1%...

Jeff said...

87.88 - but then, I'm a political / history junkie. Agreed, the economics questions at the end were a snoozefest.

Pete said...

96.97 bitches!

Honestly, a bit of luck perhaps. And now the ignomious label of civis nerd.

todd brakke said...

Jeff, yes, I saw that too. The numbers I quoted appear on the first page of the quiz and, I have to presume, aren't limited to November.

Either way, you're all making me feel stupid... well, except for Brandon. ;)

Brandon said...

That's me, making people feel smarter about themselves since 1972.

Steve said...

I was going to post my score, but the CAPTCHA word is "DENSER" and I've changed my mind.

John said...

45...havent been in school since 95 and frankly i was a horrible student

i fail

Jeffrey said...

90.91 % ,but there is some serious slant in the "test" that does not offer a true neutral civics lesson. It's especially evident as you get near the end their agenda becomes clear. The economic implications of progressive taxation, national debt, deficit spending, and unrestrained free market princicples are hotly contested and no single individual is always right.