Thursday, December 6, 2007

Finally!

Well, I'm finally back on the grid. The UPS guy did show yesterday... at 6 freak'n pm. (Tuesday's notice said to expect delivery between 11:30 and 2:00. Nice.) I was disappointed to find that not only did I not get a new console with HDMI (didn't expect that, but I was hoping), but that the manufacture date on the console I did receive is -get this- 10/2005. Surely, the innards of the thing must be newer (remanufactured), but that's an older manufacture date than both my original console (which promptly went belly up) and its replacement. If this console also bites the dust in another 18 months I will be... uh, non-plussed.

Ah well, at least I'm back. Didn't get a chance to do anything with it last night but hook it up to make sure it works, but it's a start. Hopefully, tonight I can get some College Hoops 2k8 play in and post some initial impressions tomorrow. (I've also gotta get some Guitar Hero II in. Freebird, baby! Freebird!)