Thursday, July 10, 2008

Watching From the Peanut Gallery

I've been keeping a low profile this week since I know most of you are popping in to read Bill "I get the game early because I'm the golden child" Abner's NCAA '09 impressions. The notion that a Bucknut gets the game more than a week ahead of time is proof enough that there are dark forces at work in Columbus. (sigh) I do miss the Pre-Tressel era so.

Every now and then this past week I'd start to get jealous of Bill's good fortune, but then I remember that my interest in this franchise (and most sports games, in general) has nosedived in recent years as the genre continues to stagnate (the Sony MLB and EA NHL franchises excepted). Frankly, I was all set to skip out on NCAA this year, but since I'm saddled with writing the Gameshark review for it, I guess I'll still have to pick up a copy on release day. I know, I know. It's such a hard knock life being a game reviewer. The things I'm willing to do to earn myself a little extra green.

Anyway, I'll be sure to get some impressions of the game up next week while Bill's at E3. I'm also still planning to do that Pixar movie round-up I threatened you all with last week (still can't stop thinking about Wall-E) and I need to get some thoughts together for a DC movie roundup, what with The Dark Knight soon to hit the big screen. Plus there's that whole Out of the Park Baseball 9 review I still owe Bill...

Any bets on how much of that I actually accomplish?