Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Navy 38 Ball State 24 -- Power Goes Out

Argh.

Well, I lost again, but the damn power kicked off for 10 seconds right after the game so I didn't get to save it. Nice. Going off memory:

I passed for 278 with 2 TDs and 2 INTs (I HAVE to stop throwing into coverage...) One of those TDs was a 65 yard score where my WR beat the DB on a flag route and then outran him to the end zone. Really cool.

My ground game was nil -- maybe 40 yards, but I could tell a HUGE difference between playing against Bama's defense compared to Navy. Not even close.

Navy ran 38 (roughly) times for 200 or so and the QB was 8/13 passing for 95 yards with 1 TD and 1 INT. Navy scored on a 95 yard Super Sim kickoff return. Doh.

One cool bit -- at the end of the half the Navy QB actually tossed a Hail Mary about 50 yards downfield. Maybe it's a Heisman thing? I never saw that on AA.

A really fun game for the most part. A few drops (my HB dropped a crucial screen pass that was wide open late in the 4th. Yep. Ball State baby.

This game saw more sideline issues than most I have played. On one pass the Navy FB caught a dump off and was literally standing 3 yards out of bounds; funny this is, the game registered it as a 1 yard gain. I'll chalk that one up to a bug, eh?