Thursday, July 17, 2008

Final Day...whew

Yeah so the blogging idea sort of bombed, eh? I've been busier than anticipated. Plus, I can't sleep so I am sort in a zombified state right now.

I saw Madden briefly -- not enough to say much, but I did see that snow and rain will effect the actual gameplay, something that NCAA fails to do. But at first glance Madden looks like Madden with some bizarro Rewind thing. I'll see more today when I get an actual demonstration. Sorry I'm not "blown away" but guys...it's Madden. So at first blush it's going to look a helluva lot like...Madden. The devil will be in the details, which I should get more of this afternoon.

So far, it's been a somewhat mild E3, but a few games stand out.

Empire Total War looks freaking incredible.

Spore -- ditto.

Warhammer Online is just about done and I should get into the final press beta.

Dawn of War II looks equally cool.

Dragon Age -- rockin!

Prince of Persia looks like a ton of fun.

Fallout 3 -- I got to play this for 20 minutes (eat that Brakke!) and it's a blast. I really think this is going to be a huge, huge hit.

And finally I really liked what EA is doing with NBA Live. Here's my expanded take. After being demoed the game I was on a local NBA affiliate talking about the game and the news dude asks me, "So would you invest in this game?"

Mainstream news...gotta love em.