Thursday, May 8, 2008

Power Pros, Cool ; NBA 2K8 Online, Not So Much

A new MLB Power Pros is coming out for the Wii this summer. That's great news as Power Pros is a personal Top 10 baseball game. Really, really good. Let's hope they don't muck it up.

I'm playing NBA 2K8 on XBL during my lunch breaks. Billy Baroo bought the game and we've been battling. That said, a few things annoy the piss out of me.
  • In a one-off match against a friend you can't change the sliders, the difficulty or the minutes? Am I missing something? You can edit this stuff in league play, but not in a basic set up?
  • You can't set up a tournament with just 2 players and let them play the teams they want? Huh? Why do I need 4 players to play a tourney and 8 for a league? Limits like this suck. And are dumb.
That makes zero sense to me.

Oh, yes, the next Cracked LCD There Will Be Games column is up today. Great stuff.

Finally, I've been playing Mario Kart every night for the past 5 days. It's all about Ashley and if I didn't have a 7 year old I doubt I'd even own a Wii, but I do have a 7 year old, and it's probably the most fun console in the house because of it. Playing WITH her as she uses that little plastic wheel, hollering and laughing...awesome.