Monday, May 12, 2008

Lost Cities

My take on the XBL version of Lost Cities is up today.

I'd also like to take this chance to say that NBA 2K8 hasn't age well. And by "age" I mean since it was released back in, oh...October of 2007. That game, against the AI at least, has absolutely no flow whatsoever and plays very little like an NBA basketball game should, IMO at least. I gave the game a B+ review --and I was wrong. And why can't 2K release rosters that are worth a damn for this game? Seriously. how hard is it to release playoff rosters for your flagship basketball game?

I'm a month into my MLB 08 franchise and while I'm still not thrilled with the way doubles are handled and the overall speed of the gameplay (and I'm now firmly in the camp of there being WAY too many plays where the first baseman is pulled off the bag) I'm very much looking forward to each day's game, which says something, I think.

I'll have more on Deep Route today or tomorrow. It should be ready in June. I have the go ahead to post the player attributes and what they actually do in game terms. It's extremely impressive.