Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Wow!!!

Well the Capital One Bowl went considerably better than expected. Had it not been for the four turnovers - two by Mike Hart? WTF? - Michigan likely would've run away with it. Michigan hadn't played with that kind of intensity and creative gameplanning the whole damn season. Over 500 yards of offense? Egad!

At one point I remarked to my wife that they may have passed more in the first half than they had in the last three games of the season. (Granted, the Henne injury has to be factored in.) Anyway, I can't say how happy I am that, if nothing else, Hart, Long, Henne and the rest of the seniors get to go out with a bowl win. It's not beating OSU, but taking out Florida still feels damn good, especially since a lot of people (myself included, really) didn't think Michigan belonged in that bowl game. It's also bittersweet knowing that Carr has coached his last game. It may have been time for him to go, but I'm still sad that a run that was far more good than bad come to an end. I'm so glad that he gets to go out with this kind of win. He deserves that.