Monday, June 2, 2008

Movies

I spent a lot of time this weekend watching movies --some new and some for one reason or another slipped past the net when they were you know...relevant. I couldn't sleep this weekend so hey...might as well watch some TV.

I have no idea WHY but I watched Pirates of the Caribbean at World's End. I loved the first movie, didn't like the 2nd, and wow, this last one was just dogshit from top to bottom. Not only did I watch it but I sat through all 2 hours and 48 minutes of it. (Insomnia!!!) What a train wreck. See, when Todd bags on Temple of Doom -- I understand his complaints and I agree with most of them, but then I watch this piece of bloated trash and it makes movies like Temple at least in the high "C" range. No, still haven't seen the latest Indy. But I will.

I did see the new Narnia movie. Like most sequels -- not nearly as good or as fun as the first. And a plot of convoluted as The Sicilian. Still, leagues better than the Pirates sequels.

Romero's Diary of the Dead, if you like the zombie genre, is totally awesome.

28 Weeks Later, while NOT a zombie movie (seriously people -- infection -- rage..not dead people rising from the grave) is also dogshit. See, I have NO problem with an implausible premise (zombies, giant monsters) but the plot has to make sense. This one doesn't. Again, loved the original and this one was made to make a buck.

Cloverfield is next on the chopping block. Motion sickness + rich beautiful twenty something yuppie people...man I started cheering for the damn monster just to eat these assholes and be done with it. So much hype for this movie but I already saw the hand held video camera horror movie thing -- it's called Blair Witch Project and it's ten times scarier than this. And seriously the first 25 minutes is spent watching a boring home movie. It's painful. I give it props for the exploding death scene. But that's the highlight.

So it was a sleepless weekend spent watching, for the most part, bad movies.

I really need to sleep.