Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Hump Day Music Break - The Heartless Bastards

I listen to a lot of music. When you work from home and are forced to sit in front of your PC for a good chunk of the day...well let's just say that without my music I'd me extremely grumpy. Yes, I get the irony. Shut up.

Today I'd like to share a clip from one of my favorite new bands, the Heartless Bastards out of Cincinnati, Ohio. Don't let this weird video fool you, these guys (2 guys and a gal) are brilliant. The drummer looks like my 8th grade science teacher. The entire album "All This Time" is Grade A and worth a purchase. I got my copy off of eMusic. Enjoy.

5 comments:

Brandon said...

They're opening for Wilco now. Not a bad gig if you can get it. ;)

bill abner said...

Heh, no it's not. The HBs are a criminally underappreciated/exposed band.

Brandon said...

The best way to support good bands is to go see them, which is what I've been trying to do. I didn't see any upcoming dates for these guys though, and those Wilco dates were from last year.

Next show for me is Iron and Wine. Score!

tmyoung68 said...

I got introduced to the HBs on a tribute album for awesome Mississippi blues legend Junior Kimbrough.

Here is Done Got Old
http://homepage.mac.com/tmyoung68/DoneGotOld.mp3

It's pretty awesome, but then so is almost of Kimbrough's stuff. But this song really stands out on the tribute album Sunday Nights.

bill abner said...

Yeah I have that album, too. Well, not the tribute album but the album with that song on it. It's not AS great as All in Time but it's also very good.

I'll see what I can dig up for next week.