Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Just a Quick FYI

If you're making your way here from Bill Harris' excellent Dubious Quality, I'm not actually a U of M alum (as originally noted in one of his posts). I grew up around Ann Arbor and my dad started taking me to football and basketball games when I was like four years old, so my fandom of the university (which is what it is) is pretty much a family thing. I was really far too dumb to get into the school without a ticket, which, if you've been reading this blog for any length of time, you probably already realize. ;)

Also, if you haven't, be sure to check out Bill's recent posts on the U of M topic, which are a good counterpoint to mine (and those to which I've linked here).

1 comment:

Supes said...

I saw the 'other' Bill's post, and while I'm a fan of his blog, he's way off.

It's not as if the players who complained did so because of some moral high ground about rules being broken. At least, there's no evidence of that.

Every time a player complains about a workout, it can not be compared to questioning authority to protect the greater good. That's absurd.

They're whiny athletes. Probably. We have no idea.

The first time an athlete goes to the press and says, "a booster offered me cash," or, "an agent offered to pay my rent for a year," then Harris will have a point. Based on what we know about this story, he doesn't.

Questioning authority is important, when it's for a reason less selfish than not wanting to work out.