Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy New Year

2009. Never thought I'd make it here.

True story. When I was a kid, around 10 or 11, I had a dream that I'd die in the year 2008. It was a vivid dream that has stuck with me ever since.

So it was a pretty tense 12 months.

But I made it and I remembered that I never did do my annual Christmas Loot Report. Last year the Big Gift was our 60 "Sony Bravia and all of the other doo dads that came with it like the Yamaha Receiver, the speakers, etc. My parents went all out and I was...shocked. This year we're going to Disney on January 9th so that was a big part of Christmas this year.

Still, Ashley and I shared the Rock Band 2 drum kit and cymbals (mom was proud), I got some nice OSU blinds for my home office, Left 4 Dead 360 because I couldn't get an extra copy for myself (damn PR people), and two boardgames -- Dominion (a card/deck building game) and the latest Arkham Horror add on The Goat in the Woods (or something like that.) Basically it adds more cards to a game that already has a gabillion cards.

The best gift? No, not the smile on my daughter's face or a hug from my wife or anything sappy like that. I see Ash smile daily and I get hugs all the time due to me being awesome. I guess if your children never smile and your wife consistently kicks you in the groin a Christmas smile and hug will feel like a million bucks, so I guess it's all a matter of perspective.

But no, the best gift was this. This thing is wonderful.