Saturday, September 6, 2008

Thoughts on a Saturday

Here's what I think as of September 6th 2008:

  • Today is my mom's birthday. I could not have asked for a more supportive mom. Here's a quick anecdote. Right out of college, 1996, I was hired by The Limited to do tech support and to eventually work my way into Networking. At the time I was running and operating a non profit website called The Gaming Nexus. (the site is still active but under different management) No cash coming in, nothing. I was simply getting my foot in the door. I quit my job because I despised tech support, and I was making $31,000 a year right out of school which is more than most with an English degree can say let me tell ya. So I was making zip, Mary and I were engaged and she was the sole bread winner at the time. My mom, after an initial freak out/terrified period, supported me 100% because she (and Mary...) saw that I was very serious about this career path. Things sometimes have a funny way of working out. (Knock on wood...) Happy birthday mom.

  • My Browns will likely lose Sunday to Dallas. We're too beat up and we need to be at 100% to beat Dallas.

  • I still think Cleveland will make the playoffs.

  • The OSU/USC game will be a battle. Pundits who dismiss OSU's chances are idiots. USC might very well beat OSU but it's not going to be a blowout either way. Both teams are stacked. Beanie is fine, and this is what college football should be all about -- out of conference powerhouses getting it on during the regular season. Of course this stance might change depending on how today's game goes injury wise. If both teams are healthy -- this will be a dogfight.

  • Today marks my debut as the head coach of a 6 and 7 year old division soccer team. We are so going to kick the other team's ass. No mercy! No prisoners! Free juice and hots dogs after the game!

  • Gaming news: Got this letter from EA Mythic this morning: Waaagh! Your key to Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning is enclosed! The Day of Reckoning is just around the corner – WAR officially launches on September 18th. The below product code will work for the Open Beta, which begins on September 7th, the Head Start program, which begins on September 14th, and last, but certainly not least – the live game itself.

  • Rockin!

  • I'm playing Warhammer Battle March right now on the 360 which is basically a port of the PC game with some added features. It's ok. Not great, but not awful.

  • 1UP reviewed NFL Head Coach and gave it a "D" and basically said nothing at all about the game. I have no qualms with a critic disagreeing with my opinion -- but shouldn't you at least state said opinion? Why he didn't like it, we're left to guess.

  • Still waiting for Josh's answers to my post release Head Coach questions. I'll drop him a line to see what's up.

Have a great weekend.