Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Backbreaker Embargo Lifts

I'm finishing up some work on the review, testing some things out before putting my final verdict on it.

But I will spare you the long version and cut right to it:

This is a great tech demo. The collision detection and free flowing unpredictability and animations are wonderful.

But as a game, this is not nearly ready for primetime. Not even close. So much needs to be done before the game actually matches the tech from playcalling AI to blocking patterns to offensive AI (this part is REALLY bad).

Is this sort of tech the future of football? I think so, yes.

Is Backbreaker worth buying in its current state at full price?

No. It's not.

There is going to be a vocal support group for this game, but I am not one of them until things get fixed.