Sunday, February 14, 2010

Dante's Disco Inferno

Sorry for the really slow week updates wise.

We recorded what I think is our best show thus far on Thursday and that should be good to go Monday morning.

I'm about 5 hours into Dante's Inferno. I have a lot of thoughts about that game. Some good. More than I thought would be good, in fact.

But it's still got loads of problems -- not even mentioning the fact that you battle unbaptized babies.

I'm not a terribly religious guy -- but ...yikes.

6 comments:

Derek Ferreira said...

Another podcast that I listened too call Dante's Inferno "St. Elmo's Fire". I thought it was funny.

Brandon said...

I'm debating whether or not I'm going to do my second, partial playthrough of this game to get all 1000 points. It started strong, but I'm in Heresy now and I'm ready for it to be over.

bill abner said...

I thought Limbo was the best section, oddly enough. It was a nice setup even if it has little to DO with the poem.

After that every circle gets a little worse.

And Gluttony was over in like 5 minutes.

Flying Norseman said...

You'd think Gluttony would have lasted a long time...

Loren said...

Just put my review up. Borrows way too much from God of War and becomes a "going through the motions" type of situation the deeper you go into the circles. There is some life in the bowels, but it seems a lot of care was given to the graphics and sound while the soul was left out of the gameplay.

bill abner said...

Borrowing from God of War is fine. EA made no bones about that -- even at E3 they were very up front that that this will remind players of GoW. I don't knock the game for taking the design from one of the most popular action games ever and copying it.

I knock it because it's imitation. And you can tell it's imitation.