Wednesday, May 27, 2009

We Have Fence!

So, how was your holiday weekend? Mine was spent -- starting Friday night and ending Monday around 9 PM, building our massive fence. Here's some before/after snapshots. I should also note that ,my job was that of unskilled laborer. Carrying concrete, placing posts, etc. The actual layout and stringing was done by my neighbor. I am not that handy.










A view from the back of my house after poles were set but prior to the real work.










The right side of our land -- that's our neighbor's house (the goat story neighbors)











Monday night and the right side is done.











Monday night -- pic from the back. Our neighbor is going to keep horses in the back half.










Left side of the property; we still need to add the gates.

All in all, a great feeling getting that done over one long weekend.

After 3 years we now feel like we have a big yard rather than a house in the middle of a field.