Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Post Holiday Blues

I always feel blah in January 2nd. I feel a bit down after the holiday season.

Here's a quick rundown:
  • Lots of relatives
  • My dog almost killed my parent's dog (literally...)
  • My daughter got a Wii for Christmas and I have fallen in love with that machine. Because of my daughter. Not so much because of the games. We are having a blast with Sonic and Mario at the Olympics as well as Carnival Games.
  • She also got a Karaoke machine. God Help Us.
  • I received the 4th season of The Wire, and finished it already. Best show on TV.
  • We're also watching Friday Night Lights Season 1 and I like it more than I thought I would but I need my sports dramas to get the sports part right and whoever is writing that show needs to watch more football. Seriously. The football parts of that show really suck.
  • We finished Season 1 of Dexter, a show about a serial killer forensics cop. Really good show. With no NEW shows right now we're burning the DVD oil!
  • The thing about the break is that I rarely play games, and that's not an accident. I played may share of boardgames with the family over the holiday but I didn't touch my PC or my 360. Not one bit. I do this to recharge my gaming batteries and it usually gets me back in the mood to play something. In this year's case I have a nice backlog of stuff I need to get to. Sins of a Solar Empire is up next. I still need to get to March Madness, too. Yeah for me...

So I hope you had a nice, long holiday break. January is always slow game wise but we'll try to find things to yap about in the meantime. Todd could talk about that Michigan game for a week.